November 17. World Prematurity Day.
November 20. World COPD Day.
December 1. World AIDS Day.
December 3. International Day of Disabled Persons.
December 12. Universal Health Coverage Day.
Stone G, et al. N Engl J Med. 2019;19:1820–30.
• IUPHAR/BPS Guide to pharmacology
• British Pharmacological Society (BPS)
• IDF Diabetes Atlas
• The FDA has approved Talicia, a triple combination therapy comprised of omeprazole magnesium, amoxicillin, and rifabutin for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infections in adults. Read more...
• FDA generic drug approvals reach record high in fiscal year 2019. Read more...
• The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2019 was awarded jointly to William G. Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter J. Ratcliffe and Gregg L. Semenza "for their discoveries of how cells sense and adapt to oxygen availability."
• The American Thoracic Society and Infectious Diseases Society of America updated ancient clinical practice guideline Diagnosis and Treatment of Adults with Community-acquired Pneumonia.
• The U.S. Food and Drug Administration statement alerting patients and health care professionals of N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) found in samples of ranitidine. Read more...
• The European Society of Cardiology published a few updated guidelines on chronic coronary syndromes, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, dyslipidaemias, pulmonary embolism, and supraventricular tachycardia. Read more...
• World Health Organization model list of essential medicines and World Health Organization Model List of Essential In Vitro Diagnostics are updated.
• Leading drug companies including Teva, Pfizer, Novartis and Mylan conspired to inflate the prices of generic drugs by as much as 1,000 percent, according to a far-reaching lawsuit filed on Friday by 44 states. Read more...