January 25. National Intravenous Nurse Day.
Februry 4. World Cancer Day.
Februry 6. International Dentist Day.
Februry 10. International Epilepsy Day.
Februry 11. World Day of the Sick.
Screening for CVD risk/risk factors
WHO Regional Office for Europe; 2021.
• COVID-19 Section
• GRADE Working Group
• Grade Definitions, USPSTF
• GRADE Series, JCE
• GRADE Handbook
• Based on several high-quality randomized controlled trials with large numbers of participants, the results of WHO study clearly showed that screening for CVD risk factors has no effect on lowering CVD morbidity and mortality in society.
• The Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025 provides advice on what to eat and drink to meet nutrient needs, promote health, and prevent disease.
• The American Diabetes Association updated Standards of medical care in diabetes — 2021.
• 2020 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science With Treatment Recommendations and 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care are updated.
• The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2020 was awarded jointly to Harvey J. Alter, Michael Houghton and Charles M. Rice "for the discovery of Hepatitis C virus".
• The Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO) 2020 Clinical Practice Guideline for Diabetes Management in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) represents the first KDIGO guideline on this subject.
• The European Society of Cardiology presented new and updated guidelines: Acute coronary syndromes in patients presenting without persistent ST-Segment elevation, Adult congenital heart disease, Atrial fibrillation, Sports cardiology and exercise in patients with CVD.
• The updated (2.1.0) version of the Infectious Diseases Society of America Guidelines on the Diagnosis, Treatment, Management and Prevention of COVID-19 is published.
• Dexamethasone reduces death in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19. Read more...