|October 2. The birthday of Sir John B. Gurdon (born 1933), the Nobel Prize laureate in physiology or medicine in 2012 for the discovery that mature cells can be reprogrammed to become pluripotent.
October 3. World Physician Day.
October 8. World Hospice and Palliative Care Day.
October 10. World Mental Health Day.
October 12. World Arthritis Day.
October 13. World Thrombosis Day.
October 14. World Spirometry Day.
October 18. World Menopause Day.
October 29. World Stroke Day.
1. New sites:
2. The European Society of Cardiology published new guidelines: 2016 ESC Guidelines for the management of atrial fibrillation developed in collaboration with EACTS and 2016 ESC/EAS Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidaemias.
3. Growing antibiotic resistance forces updates to recommended treatment for sexually transmitted infections. Read more...
4. A new initiative from WHO and partners, the Global Hearts Initiative, has been launched to respond to the world’s leading cause of death, cardiovascular disease, including heart attacks and strokes. Read more...
5. America was 50th out of 55 countries in 2014, according to a Bloomberg index that assesses life expectancy, health-care spending per capita and relative spending as a share of gross domestic product. Read more...
1. New sites:
2. WHO encourages countries to act now to reduce deaths from viral hepatitis. Read more...
3. WHO's annual World Health Statistics reports present the most recent health statistics for the WHO Member States.
4. Tips and advice from experienced reviewers on what you should keep in mind before submitting your paper. Read more...
30.09.2016. © Belialov F., 2002–2016.