Februry 4. World Cancer Day.
Februry 6. International Dentist Day.
Februry 10. International Epilepsy Day.
Februry 11. World Day of the Sick.
Februry 28. European Rare Disease Day.
Li Y, et al. Healthy lifestyle and life expectancy free of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and type 2 diabetes. BMJ. 2020;368:l6669.
• American Academy of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery (AAO-HNS)
• Office of Research Integrity (ORI)
• European Commission Initiative on Breast Cancer (ECIBC)
• International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
• The death rate from cancer in the US declined by 29% from 1991 to 2017, including a 2.2% drop from 2016 to 2017, the largest single-year drop ever recorded, according to annual statistics reporting from the American Cancer Society. Read more...
• Due to unforeseen administrative issues, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) has decided that the 2019 edition of the USRDS Annual Data Report will be abbreviated.
• WADA 2020 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods now in force.
• Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes — 2020 are published by the American Diabetes Association.
• Welcome to the new PubMed site. PubMed comprises more than 30 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
• The FDA has approved Talicia, a triple combination therapy comprised of omeprazole magnesium, amoxicillin, and rifabutin for the treatment of Helicobacter pylori infections in adults. Read more...
• FDA generic drug approvals reach record high in fiscal year 2019. Read more...
• The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2019 was awarded jointly to William G. Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter J. Ratcliffe and Gregg L. Semenza "for their discoveries of how cells sense and adapt to oxygen availability."
• The American Thoracic Society and Infectious Diseases Society of America updated ancient clinical practice guideline Diagnosis and Treatment of Adults with Community-acquired Pneumonia.