April 7. World Health Day.
April 17. World Haemophilia Day.
April 24. World Meningitis Day.
April 25. World DNA Day.
April 25. World Malaria Day.
04.04.2020. COVID-19 mortality: 5.1%.
• COVID-19 Section
• COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, Worldometer
• Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2), Johns Hopkins Guide
• Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases, JHU
• Coronavirus (COVID-19), CDC
• Mortality from the COVID-19 is 0.2, 3.6, 8.0, 14.8% under the age of 40, 60–69, 70–79 and 80+ (Worldometer).
• Chinese Clinical Guidance for COVID-19 Pneumonia Diagnosis and Treatment (7th edition) is updated.
• Favipiravir showed better treatment effects on COVID-19 in terms of disease progression and viral clearance than arbidol and lopinavir/ritonavir.
• 2020 Global Strategy for Prevention, Diagnosis and Management of COPD is published.
• The American Heart Association, in conjunction with the National Institutes of Health, has issued Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2020 Update, which involves the most up-to-date statistics related to heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular risk factors, including core health behaviors (smoking, physical activity, diet, and weight) and health factors (cholesterol, blood pressure, and glucose control) that contribute to cardiovascular health.
• The death rate from cancer in the US declined by 29% from 1991 to 2017, including a 2.2% drop from 2016 to 2017, the largest single-year drop ever recorded, according to annual statistics reporting from the American Cancer Society. Read more...
• Due to unforeseen administrative issues, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) has decided that the 2019 edition of the USRDS Annual Data Report will be abbreviated.
• WADA 2020 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods now in force.
• Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes — 2020 are published by the American Diabetes Association.