August 1–7. World Breastfeeding Week.
August 19. World Photo Day.
August 19. World Humanitarian Day.
03.08.2020. New cases of COVID-19.
• COVID-19 Section
• Clinical Practice Newsletters, ESH
• Contemporary OB/GYN
• A Japanese medical university published results of the clinical study in which favipiravir has failed to demonstrate a clear efficacy in treating ща 89 coronavirus patients at an early stage of the disease.
• The updated (2.1.0) version of the Infectious Diseases Society of America Guidelines on the Diagnosis, Treatment, Management and Prevention of COVID-19 is published.
• Dexamethasone reduces death in hospitalised patients with severe respiratory complications of COVID-19. Read more...
• 2020 GINA Report, Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention is updated.
• Brigham and Women's Hospital COVID-19 Critical Care Clinical Guidelines are updated.
• Protocol for Prevention and Control of COVID-19 (Edition 6) is prepared by the National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China.
• International pulmonologist's consensus on COVID-19 is prepared by multinational team.
• The ISCHEMIA Research Group published study results comparing invasive intervention and medical therapy in patients with stable coronary disease and moderate or severe ischemia. Read more...
• 2020 Global Strategy for Prevention, Diagnosis and Management of COPD is published.
• The American Heart Association, in conjunction with the National Institutes of Health, has issued Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2020 Update, which involves the most up-to-date statistics related to heart disease, stroke, and cardiovascular risk factors, including core health behaviors (smoking, physical activity, diet, and weight) and health factors (cholesterol, blood pressure, and glucose control) that contribute to cardiovascular health.