May 25. World Thyroid Day.
May 29. World Digestive Health Day.
May 31. World No Tobacco Day.
June 5. World Environment Day.
June 6. Global Running Day.
Number of deaths attributable to individual dietary risks (GBDS, 2019).
• European Geriatric Medicine Society (EuGMS)
• Creative Commons Search
• Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, chronic conditions
• Age and Ageing
• European Renal Association – European Dialysis and Transplant Association (EDTA-ERA)
• Leading drug companies including Teva, Pfizer, Novartis and Mylan conspired to inflate the prices of generic drugs by as much as 1,000 percent, according to a far-reaching lawsuit filed on Friday by 44 states. Read more...
• Average physician salaries rose to $313,000 from $299,000 last year according to the Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2019. Read more...
• The 2018 The United States Renal Data System (USRDS) Annual Data Report is available now.
• Updated Report Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics—2019 is published the American Heart Association.
• European health report 2018 gives readers a vital snapshot of health in the WHO European Region and progress towards health and well-being for all.
• The American Diabetes Association (ADA) has issued updated Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes.
• The Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine 2018 was awarded jointly to James P. Allison and Tasuku Honjo "for their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation". Read more...
• Do US News & World Report top-ranked hospitals for cardiovascular care have better outcomes than nonranked hospitals?. Read more...
• The European Medicines Agency's (EMA) Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC) has recommended restricting the use of fluoroquinolone and quinolone antibiotics following a review of disabling and potentially long-lasting side effects reported with these medicines. Read more...
• Updated 2019 Global Strategy for Prevention, Diagnosis and Management of COPD is published. Read more...