May 5. World Asthma Day.
May 6. International No Diet Day.
May 12. International Nursing Day.
May 17. World Hypertension Day.
May 20. Clinical Trials' Day.
May 25. World Thyroid Day.
May 29. World Digestive Health Day.
May 31. World No Tobacco Day.
• The American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force updated "2013 ACCF/AHA Guideline for the Management of Heart Failure". Read more...
• Financial and other rewards of medical practice can create conflicts of interest. New issue of JAMA features 23 Viewpoint articles on conflict of interest for physicians in settings such as academic medicine, biomedical research, medical education, guideline development, health care management, and medical publishing. Read more...
• The American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology published updated guidelines "2017 AHA/ACC Focused Update of the 2014 AHA/ACC Guideline for the Management of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease" and "2017 ACC/AHA/HRS Guideline for the Evaluation and Management of Patients With Syncope".
• The Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention report has been updated in 2017. Read more....
• The 2016 United States Renal Data System Annual Data Report on kidney disease in the United States is now available. Read more...
• The European Society of Cardiology and the American College of Cardiology working group published "International Recommendations for Electrocardiographic Interpretation in Athletes".
• The European Society of Cardiology working group published "Position paper on myocardial infarction with non-obstructive coronary arteries".
• "Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics: 2017 Update " from the American Heart Association is available now.
• The 2017 report "Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease" is issued.
• The World Health Organization published "World health statistics 2016: monitoring health for the sustainable development goals".